28 Sept 2015

Retro dining

This is a dish from my childhood. I see it as retro, some as vintage. And if you ask my husband, he'd say it's antique. Funny guy.
I guess you could say it's a pie. A puff pastry pie filled with minced beef. The original, as I recall, had beef, onions and boiled egg in it. I added some kale too.
Puff pastry dough is store bought. You need 500 g of it. Let the frozen pastry sheets melt in room temperature for about 30 minutes and then roll them into two bigger sheets. If you're a superhuman, make your own dough.
FILLING:
Sear the minced beef (400 g), chopped onion (1 medium sized) and minced garlic (2 gloves). Season to your liking - I used salt, black pepper and paprika. Add shredded kale and cook for a few minutes.
Mash two hard boiled eggs with a fork. In a bowl, mix together the eggs and the beef, onion & kale mixture. Check the seasoning. At this point, I added some sweet chili sauce.

Lay the other sheet of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Spread the filling evenly on top and cover with the remaning dough. Pinch the edges so that the sheets stick together.

Bake in 175 C degrees oven until golden (35-45 minutes).
Easy, quick and tastes good. My kinda food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Please leave a note and come back again!